Thursday, September 13, 2007

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas...

YES! That's right - Christmas.

My family celebrated Christmas this year on August 6. AUGUST 6!?!?!

Well, when you live in Indiana, your brothers live in Chicago, your parents live in Florida and your kids live in Kentucky, Texas and northern Indiana - you pick a time when you are all free and all don't have to contend with bad weather. We drew names and each bought a gift for the person who's name we drew. It was not only fun, but it didn't break the bank.

So why am I dreaming of a White Christmas?

WELL, having grown up in the frozen north and now finding myself just barely north of the Mason-Dixon line - one thing I absolutely cannot get used to is the HEAT! This August was the HOTTEST on record here. we had 25 days of TRIPLE digits! ACK!

The hot spell has now broken, and we actually awoke to 53 degrees this morning! AHHHH!

This Yankee is in heaven.

This made me yearn for wool sweaters, wool socks, hot chocolate by the fireplace, walks in the woods crunching through fallen leaves...you know the drill. Is it any wonder the doll embellishments I'm packing up for Magic, Mischief and Mayhem doll seminars in Richmond, KY are all fall colors?

Anyway, I found this picture of our front yard taken in December of 2004 when we had a record 18 inch snowfall (unheard of in these here parts).

I love the snow! Well, as long as I don't have to drive in it...





Thinking cool thoughts for all of you!

No comments: