Sunday, April 20, 2008

A Journaling we go...

I have a friend named Leslie that has the most amazing store! It's a home dec fabric store in Shelbyville, KY. BUT before you go and say "OH, I'm not into that", you need to know that her fabrics and her trims are second to none - even for a dollmaker.
In the back of the shop is an old bathtub where all the scraps are kept. She also has a bin with the littlest pieces in there. You can walk out with literally an armload of fabric for $10.00.

Having amassed this great collection of upholstery bits n bobs, I often wondered what to do with them. I'm wondering no more. I'm making journals!

At first, I was afraid that the fabric would be too thick - it's not!

Let me share with you my journal!

The cover:



The inside pocket:



And the back:



Isn't this awesome?

I think they will make great gifts - especially with photos and memories tucked inside.

OH - and the name of the shop in Shelbyville, KY is "Making Ends Meet". If you're ever in the area, please stop by. I can guarantee your first stop will not be your last.

2 comments:

Linda said...

It is a treat to shop at Making Ends Meet. And I love what you have done with the journal!!!!

Yvette said...

I love your journals! They are so lovely!!